Due to the current state of emergency, we are unable to meet in person with the public. However, we will be able to provide you with the service you need by phone or by email.

Flood Insurance - See More Info

Major Disaster Declaration Approved for Delaware
Hurricane Ida: Constituents may call 1-800-621-3362 or TTY 1-800-462-7585. Hours: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. ET, 7 days a week
Website Info: DisasterAssistance.gov and FEMA.gov/disaster/hurricane-ida
COVID-19 Insurance FAQ - See More Info 

Closings and Delays - State Government - See More Info

Delaware.gov logo
Delaware Department of

File a Complaint

The goal of the Insurance Commissioner’s Consumer Services Division is to protect, advocate for and inform consumers of their rights and options when it comes to insurance. Please feel free to contact the Consumer Services Division with general questions you have about insurance or if you have problems or complaints.




To file a complaint or request assistance with a problem involving an insurance company or agent:

Fill Out a Complaint Form Online

Please Note: If you have already contacted the Delaware Insurance Department concerning this matter DO NOT fill out this form. You may still contact the department by phone or email at the address below.

Call 1-800-282-8611 in Delaware or (302) 674-7310
Stop in to see us for directions
Email us at consumer@delaware.gov

Before you file a complaint/inquiry with the Delaware Department of Insurance, you should first contact the insurance company, agent or adjuster in an effort to resolve the issue(s). The department cannot act as your lawyer or give legal advice. If you do not receive a satisfactory response, then complete this form and attach copies of any important papers that relate to your complaint. Request for Assistance may be submitted by fax, email, mail, or telephone.


For complaints about claims and other claims information pertaining to automobile insurance, go to Auto Companies Contact Information page.

Preauthorization Issues:

If you or anyone in your family are having problems getting insurance company approval for necessary tests that have been authorized by your doctor, contact the Department of Insurance Hotline at:

1-800-282-8611 (In Delaware Only) Or (302) 674-7310
Or email the Department at consumer@delaware.gov.

Related Topics:  , , , , ,